2021 Duotone Evo SLS Kiteboarding Kite
Freeride / Freestyle / Wave Kite
Sizes: 7m / 8m / 9m / 10m / 11m / 12m
The best and most successful all-rounder in the Duotone range just got even better, on top of the Evo range, Duotone proudly introduces the high-performance Evo SLS – an experience of flying a kite like never before! SLS incorporates new materials and technologies across the Duotone range to create an even better performing product.
Meet the Evo SLS, a kite for the experienced, ambitious and enthusiastic kiter, who will be surprised by its flying and handling characteristics. The new benchmark in performance and handling. SLS stands for Strong Light Superior; it’s the quest for perfection, and it incorporates new technologies, construction materials and techniques everywhere you see the SLS logo.
The Evo SLS sets a new standard for versatility; it’s perfect for boosting huge airs, riding waves and tricking out some freestyle moves. If you just want to cruise then don’t worry, it’s ideal for that and also works really well for foiling! The Duotone R&D Team was constantly surprised the Evo SLS would never fall out of the sky, even when the foil kites were down already. The Evo SLS is the ultimate one-kite-does-it-all concept.
The new construction for 2021 replaces the Dacron with Penta TX, significantly reducing the weight of the kite while making it three times more durable. This supercharges the handling, increases the wind range and turns the Evo SLS into an experience you have never felt before with a kite.
The new materials and construction make the kite much stiffer, resulting in a very agile and precise overall handling, while the reduced weight improves the low-end. The new Flex Struts allow the kite to twist like never before when you engage the bar, and this results in lightning-fast handling that is guaranteed to excite you.
No matter what you decide to do with the Evo SLS, you’ll be blown away by the performance; it’s changing the way we think about kiteboarding. It allows you to get on the water earlier, stay out for longer and have control at your fingertips that other kites can only dream of. Maximise your ride, go all out with the new Evo SLS and connect with your kite in a way you could have only imagined before.
- Aggressive lift due to direct steering and solid frame
- Faster, more dynamic turning and handling due to Flex Struts (less weight needs to be accelerated)
- Wider wind range due to Penta TX, solid frame and Flex Struts
- Increased drift due to less overall weight
- Penta TX frame construction
- Flex Struts for more dynamic handling and steering
- More durable, yet up to 15% / 500 g lighter construction than a classic Evo, due to new material mix and Penta TX
- Pulley-less bridle for responsive steering
- Four or five line set up (5th line not included)
- The counterpart to a stiff frame, to ensure a direct and very reactive feel of SLS kites.
- A softer material enables the strut to bend and twist in a defined way.
- Steering impulses are transformed smoothly and fast into turning actions
A more sporty, more precise and crisp feel of the kite.
- Up to 5 times higher tear resistance
- 50% less elongation compare to standard dacron. A quite stiff material, resulting in a high structural stiffness, especially recognizable in strong wind conditions, leading to less deformation of the overall structure of the kite.
- 15% lighter overall construction. Evo SLS is up to 500 g lighter than Evo
- Guarantee for a very precise timing when edging, releasing the edge and all steering impulses – the precise and reliable steering of a racing car.
- Penta TX is used in the leading edge and center strut.